Skip to main content

First Kiss - available for pre-order now!

My first poetry collection comes out on 22nd May 2020, and is now available to pre-order. I was hoping to do all sorts of events, and plan to, once we can do that kind of thing again, but for now I'm going to be doing a live launch on Insta at 5.30pm on Friday 22nd. You'll find me here.

It's a coming of age chapbook, beautifully put together by Maytree Press, with gorgeous cover art from Annie Ovenden.

Here's what my publisher had to say:
First Kiss is a remarkable debut collection from Yorkshire born writer Cara L McKee, 
And here's a little taster:
I thought that my first kiss
was required for the rich boy
tearing petals from gardenias
in October, throwing them
from the old bridge into the Wharfe,
wailing that the blooms
would get more kisses from the water
than he would get from me.
If you would like to get a copy, I can send you a signed one - just let me know in the note to seller. You'll find the button to buy a copy in the side bar on the home page (from this post click the arrow in the top left corner, then click the three little lines). If you need to get in touch you can email me on caramck (at) gmail (dot) com.

Comments

  1. Good luck with the launch : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you catch it? You can still see it on IGTV here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAf2DWaHafk/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Gutter

It was lovely to be invited to do an interview with the marvellous Gutter magazine in the light of my poem, Bending to Nightbreak , being published (in fabulous company) in issue 27. Here's a couple of pics they shared on Instagram from it - a picture of me, and a quote. You can find the whole interview, and one with Simon Wade too, here . 

A wee update

  Hello! Thought I'd give you a wee update on how things are going in my world! Little Gods came out with Roswell Press at the end of September 2023 and I was really busy for the first bit of October, reading poems from the new book at various local events. I'm really grateful for all the books people bought, but there's still copies available, either online via Amazon  for Kindle or in paperback, or you can get in touch with me at caralmckee (at) gmail (dot) com to get a signed copy of Little Gods and/or First Kiss sent to you in the post! After my reading frenzy at the beginning of October I took a little break for a birthday celebration frenzy (it's still going on, there's a lot to celebrate). I've been meaning to read a couple of poems online too, but I'm having a flare of trigeminal neuralgia which is triggered by talking, so that will come when it comes. I'm hoping to read at the Scottish Writer's Centre launch of their new Mountain & Glen

Chapbook number two is coming!

  Great news today as I'm working on a new chapbook coming soon with Roswell Publishing. This is all I'm going to show you right now - my beautiful notebook, picked up at the Bronte Parsonage Museum in Haworth, on my last ever day out with my Mum. This notebook is full of mostly glued in, revised, scribbled on and annotated poems, some of which are going in to the new wee collection with Roswell. Why did I want to work with Roswell Publishing for this collection? I was following Rae on Instagram because I'd seen her pop up in some other writerly stuff I was interested in, and she seemed to be working with a load of writers I am currently obsessed with - like Claire Askew, Kate Garrett, and Alice Tarbuck for example, so when I saw she was calling for submissions, I went for it. She's been such a joy to work with so far, and I look forward to being able to tell you more about my second chapbook! Find out more about Roswell Publishing on their website , or head over to the